No fermentation!

If your using a plastic type fermenter it's easy to check for leaks. After you setup your airlock give the fermenter a squeeze and you should get bubbles in the airlock.
That won't really prove it doesn't have a very small leak. Co2 pressure builds up so slowly, a small leak will just let the pressure out as fast as it is produced.

Also, if you do that with an actual batch, you will suck back the air lock liquid when you let go

If you have a plastic fermenter, you can see it ferment. The airlock is an added bonus IF you don't have leaks. The top on mine sucks so I don't pay attention to the airlock, but it makes good beer and does stay sealed.
The last three beers I have made: Look for activity, when krausen falls adjust temp for the largers and Saisons. Take the airlock off and use the blow off tube instead for Belgians.
I pitch high, and my HBS seems to have their shit together with the yeast. My dates have been well within range at this particular store. The old store had one screw up.

First of all, RDWHAHB.
You are fermenting.
Keep it closed up, give it a swirl, move it to about 70° F and give it another week.
Don't mess with it until bottling.
You have a leak somewhere in your seal, no big deal. Back in the day, there weren't lids or airlocks!
In the future, make sure the yeast is fresh, or if not, make a starter. This is assuming you used liquid yeast.
Congratulations, you made beer!
Second this one, as soon as you think the yeast is not working get the temp up a bit, I have a batch that show zero movement on the iSpindel for 4days, bumped the temp up a few degrees and away she went…RDWHAHB

Back