Next piece of equipment

The Hydra chiller by Jaded Brewing gets two thumbs up from me. It is quick! The key is a vigorous stir when using. I was able to chill the batch to 70° in about 4-5 minutes.

I can chill beer very fast with my plate chiller, the issue is how much water are you using doing it, I measured my system and found I was using 50 gallons of wasted water, so Ive developed a recirculating system that works very well using 1 gallon, takes a bit longer but works fine

Super true. While Im pretty sure I didn't use that much water, I'd like to measure it the next time and try to figure out how to reduce or reuse that amount.
I guess I'm making a lot of pasta post brew day?

Jaded Brewing claims that it uses 18 gallons of water to chill a batch in 3 minutes. That rate of flow seems reasonable to me after using it. I'm not necessarily on board with you about how much water I use being the issue, however. It reminds me of when people would see my 3/4 ton crew cab long bed pickup truck hitched to my 37 foot long fifth wheel camper. They would ask me what kind of mileage I got. If I were concerned with mileage, I wouldn't have owned that rig!

http://jadedbrewing.com/products/the-hydra

sorry I didn't mention this but my rig is a 30 gallon pot and usually brew 15 gallons

You can chill 15 gallons of brew using one gallon of water? That is impressive. I failed to mention I brew 5 gallon batches.

yes, first I recirculate through the plate chiller with a pump on the wort side back into the pot, then the same on the water side but I took my 50 foot immersion chiller and have it in a 7 gallon bucket of frozen water and it recirculates through that then back, the whole process takes about 15 to 30 minutes but I use just 1 gallon of tap water which saves me money

Back