Next brew recipe - comments or constructive criticism are encouraged!

I know where my mistakes are, and my best by the numbers batch was the one I kegged today, which was the first time I ever made it.

By krausen/looks, the batch I made two days ago, once again, a completely new recipe, is probably the best batch so far. I'm going to double mill my grain, and I have all confidence that it will show better efficiency.

The actual steps you take, don't change. A recipe is really only about grain, hops and timings, and efficiency. That's my opinion. I totally understand why people want to PERFECT a beer. I'm not that person.

I'm looking to make easy to ferment IPAs with good taste. I live in Australia where a case of good, craft beer, is 130$ a case. So this is really about saving money for me, not a hobby. That being said, I'm falling in love with it!

Looking to make a good brew! Going for a hoppy and intense IPA. Not doing a mini mash, and not sure how, but curious if that would help. Used this recipe as a base - https://beerandbrewing.com/lawsons-double-sunshine-ipa-recipe/ - Lawson double ipa clone, which uses a large amount of Vienna malt in the extract version.

Good luck. Hopefully, you don't waste the ingredients and effort in discovering why it's widely recommended to start off with simple recipes and progress as you become more familiar with the process. There is method to that madness. Things aren't always as simple as they seem.

Last edited:

Back