Newbie brewer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by HAP-BR3W, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Brewer #330266

Brewer #330266 New Member

Yes, we are definitely learning new skills here- all good for our local economy which is below zero at the moment!

Hawkbox and Blackmuse like this.
  2. Brewer #330266

Brewer #330266 New Member

Hi there. I am from sunny South Africa- great place, lousy government and subzero economy, but plenty of beauty and natural resources and relatively "clean" environment. Wouldnt choose anywhere else to live- our wildlife is spectacular and our people too. Yes, there are problems, but generally, we are quite a resilient people- we try to work things out, we are growing more tolerant of difference, and there is a sense of a new, better nation being born from this turmoil. All that even before my first brew of the day!

3. Blackmuse

Blackmuse Well-Known Member

Electrician (Previously a 6th grade Teacher)
    I think this is awesome! Imagine in 10 years time what some of you new brewers could be doing in your hometowns! Welcome to the hobby/obsession and who knows what else it may become!

If you know your ingredients, start trying out the recipe builder and see what you can create with what you will be getting! Or, punch the ingredients into your inventory and let brewer's friend show you what recipes are out that you can attempt! -Not sure if inventory management is something that can be utilized as a guest or trial member but if so try it out. If not be sure to pop back in here and ask for some help building a recipe!

4. Nosybear

Nosybear Well-Known Member

Technically you can ferment anything with sugar in it - fruits, local grains (might have to do some home-malting), honey.... Keep us posted with your innovations! Necessity is a mother, as we learned here during our experiment with Prohibition.

Blackmuse and HAP-BR3W like this.
  5. Craigerrr

Craigerrr Well-Known Member

Nosy, didn't you make beer from breakfast cereal?

6. Nosybear

Yep, Mikey Likes It Pale Ale. Life cereal. It needed barely to convert the cereal and made one of the finest beers I've produced.

7. Zambezi Special

Zambezi Special Well-Known Member

Interesting :)
    Do you have a link to the recipe?

I'm in landlocked Zambia and am normally managing to get malted barley in herevia friends visiting SA, so that has come to a standstill as the borders are closed.
    Zam produces malted barley, but it all goes to Zambian Breweries for Mosi and Castle beer. Luckily, alcohol is not banned here ;)

8. Nosybear

Craigerrr likes this.