Newbie a little confused

Wrongway

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have returned to home brewing after a break of many years. So much has changed. I dabbled a bit with all grain at the time but with equipment then found it to be a big chore. I was quite surprised with how things have developed and I am now eager to return. I have invested in a Grainfather which arrived yesterday along with a recommended kit of ingredients for my first brew. It's a recipe called Beerly Deloved. I am slowly getting to grips with Brewers Friend, by head hasn't quite burst yet. I did a search for Beerly Deloved with the Search Beer Recipe function and it didn't find it. I wasn't surprised really as it thought it may be too local. Then by chance I did a Google search and found this http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... deloved-gb . Why isn't this coming up using the search function. What am I doing wrong?

Is there an equipment profile for the Grainfather. I looked at Beersmith also but preferred the layout of Brewers Friend but cant seem to find equipment profiles in the same way with BF.

Not sure about the recipe search. I can only guess it may have something to do with the recent site overhaul. There have been little bugs here or there, but you can report them to let the programmers know.

I don't have a grainfather, but this thread may be able to help: viewtopic.php?t=2628

Essentially, you have to kind of trick the software a little bit since there is not a specific "grainfather" option

Last but not least, welcome back!

Back