New Refractometer Correction

No problem, works great now! Thanks! Now, I can get rid of my annoying Excel spreadsheet :)

Just a note, I think it would be appropriate to give a credit to the original Zymurgy article rather than a link to this thread.

Well, Zymurgy is for AHA members, therefore those get it in print and also have an access through their website https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/magazine/search-zymurgy-issues/.

The particular article about refractometer appeared in July/August 2017 issue, so citation could something like:

Novotny, P. Revisiting The Refractometer: Improved fermentation monitoring through refractometry. Zymurgy 2017, 40 (4), 48–54.

That is in standard "scientific" format.

I built my spreadsheet off that article. It was amusing to watch fermentation progress for a few beers. Now I just want to convert for final gravity and even that, if I get the same refractometer readings three days straight, it's done, no correction necessary.

I always wondered why you can’t just skip the middle day.
That works, too. But being a stats geek with a healthy respect for measurement error, the additional two drops of beer aren't that big of an investment....

Back