Needed some feedbacks please. CALIFORNIA COMMON

I believe I got this recipe from the BYO Big Book of Clones. All the recipes I've brewed from it have been great. None of the grains are repeated, it's just the way I used to break down ingredients to send to my lhbs for grain orders. That's how they had to be put in for purchase. So 2-row is actually 9lb 8oz's.

I doubt you'd notice much difference in mash temps provided you don't go much higher.

Munich will probably change it up a bit, but hey, we're homebrewers. We get to do that if we want!

I haven't used Wyeast, but it looks like that's just their equivalent, which I'm guessing is probably damn near the same *(recipe lists 2112 as well). I've also used wlp001 and been just fine. It's a forgiving beer.
Ok I didn't know if the other 2 grain additions were supposed to be something else and you just copied wrong or something. Yeah the Munich is my biggest concern. I know it wouldn't be in a traditional california beer but I saw that many recipes include some kind of roast malt along with the crystal and Munich is the closest that I would already have so I thought I'd give it a try. I could always drop it though and just use the 2 row and the crystal and I'd have 2 lbs of Munich for something else (as opposed to 1 1/4 pounds)

Back