My solar adventures

You already have a number of flashings for plumbing on your roof and the solar flashings are no different. When properly installed they'll easily last the life of the asphalt roof without leaking. And the array should last at least 25 years and if your asphalt roofing doesn't last that long then it's not properly installed unless there's an extreme weather event. And that's what insurance is for. I installed my own array on the roof with UL listed racking. It has wind and fire ratings and the cost isn't significant when you amortize it over 25 years.

My installation isn't ideal because the panels face East and West and are tilted at 18.5 degrees and the latitude is 48N, but even that difference isn't a large decrease in output. I get a maximum of 14.4 KW out of a 15.2 KW array.

Here's the flashing and mounting points for the East array and you can see the aluminum extrusions to mount the panels on the West array to the left :

View attachment 26454

Here are the rails that the panels mount onto that include integrated grounding:
View attachment 26456

There are no leaks and I don't expect to see any even with our very harsh weather here in Northern Minnesota.
There’s exactly 2 vents in my roof. One for the main sewage header, and a separate one for the kitchen sink. The current roof is 8 years old, still looks brand new. The other side of the coin is serviceability. Yeah, my roof isn’t very steep, but at one of the peaks it’s at least a 35 foot drop. I prefer to stay off a roof that isn’t leaking so I’m not the cause of a new leak. I don’t bounce as good as I used to, either. I’d prefer using test equipment at ground level. I like your installation, but I’m allergic to the sudden stops at the bottom of a fall. Heights don’t bother me, nor falling (at least not for very long). Stopping is the bad part.

There’s exactly 2 vents in my roof. One for the main sewage header, and a separate one for the kitchen sink. The current roof is 8 years old, still looks brand new. The other side of the coin is serviceability. Yeah, my roof isn’t very steep, but at one of the peaks it’s at least a 35 foot drop. I prefer to stay off a roof that isn’t leaking so I’m not the cause of a new leak. I don’t bounce as good as I used to, either. I’d prefer using test equipment at ground level. I like your installation, but I’m allergic to the sudden stops at the bottom of a fall. Heights don’t bother me, nor falling (at least not for very long). Stopping is the bad part.
... as he passes the first floor windows on the way down: "So far, so good!"

Back