My Recipes Folder List Naming - adds a + sign

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
There is an error while converting from the Name Input box into the Listed Folder Name.
It is probably the conversion from the XML as that usually concatenates text spaces with a + sign - this is just a guess though.

Input mode:
upload_2022-2-1_17-50-16.png

Resultant Name posted

upload_2022-2-1_17-52-44.png

Thanks Alan, ticket opened!

The ONLY way to correct it is to Edit the Folder name, replace the + with some other character (I used an Underline character _) then save it. Then edit the folder name again and replace the Underline character with a SPACE character.
It seems the system does not parse SPACE characters on initial save - even multiple space characters get substituted by + characters so it is not just the INITIAL space character that gets the + treatment. You have to fool the system to ignore any internal spaces to start with then edit the folder name again and put in the space character where you want it... I have no idea why that works but there is definitely some dark magic at work here....

The ONLY way to correct it is to Edit the Folder name, replace the + with some other character (I used an Underline character _) then save it. Then edit the folder name again and replace the Underline character with a SPACE character.
It seems the system does not parse SPACE characters on initial save - even multiple space characters get substituted by + characters so it is not just the INITIAL space character that gets the + treatment. You have to fool the system to ignore any internal spaces to start with then edit the folder name again and put in the space character where you want it... I have no idea why that works but there is definitely some dark magic at work here....
Interesting workaround, thanks for the investigation. Seems we have different functions working between folder creation, and folder editing.

Back