Hello! A few weeks ago I created a berry mix mead. Divided the gallon recipe in half so I have two half gallons going. I used the balloon method with springwater plastic gallon jugs. I have 3 jugs in the kitchen cabinet, actually. The JOAM (1 gallon), 2 half gallons of the berry mix mead. One of the berry mix mead half gallon has stopped fermenting (deflated balloon) and is clear. This one is the furthest away from the door. My questions: Should I go ahead & do a taste test? Should I rack that one? I am hoping that it might be ready in time to give my sister a bottle for her birthday in May. My recipe (Note: All the following ingredients were divided in half. I put the berries & raisins in a food processor. Then divided it in half): 3 lbs. of Great Value Raw Honey 12 oz. of fresh mixed berries (used what was left over from a different birthday party. Yes, I washed them!) Mixed berries had the following berries: blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries 20-25 raisins 4 teaspoons of bread yeast (2 teaspoons per half gallon plastic jug) I followed the same procedure of preparation as is described in the JOAM recipe. In the photo below, the jug in question is the one on the left.