My Citra IPA

I think it looks good. I really like Citra, and from what I've heard magnum is a pretty clean bittering hop so it shouldn't cover up your main hop.
If I were to change anything, I'd add some citra at the 20-30 min range. Maybe .25 oz and adjust the other amounts to still have the same ibu
For some reason, I look at the hop schedule as sort of like a roller coaster. You need to ease people up and down those steep hills, not jerk them up 10 stories right off the bat.
Anyway, good luck with it and let us know how it turns out!

jmcnamara said:
I think it looks good. I really like Citra, and from what I've heard magnum is a pretty clean bittering hop so it shouldn't cover up your main hop.
If I were to change anything, I'd add some citra at the 20-30 min range. Maybe .25 oz and adjust the other amounts to still have the same ibu
For some reason, I look at the hop schedule as sort of like a roller coaster. You need to ease people up and down those steep hills, not jerk them up 10 stories right off the bat.
Anyway, good luck with it and let us know how it turns out!

I had some earlier hops in there but I was trying to keep the IBU's in the mid to upper 60's. I didn't add more, I just moved them a little close to the end of the boil. It'll be a little while before I brew this so ya never know what might change in the mean time.
Thanks for your ideas.

Lots of grapefruit flavor there but should be good.

Back