My beer to practice into consistency

Yeah...lid on for mash, off once it reaches boil. I don't do all-in-one but I think they really shine for simple single infusions or maybe simple step mash.
I think I'd be more concerned with gaining some consistency with the simplest methodology instead of trying out fancy mashing techniques if it was me.
Agreed. Single infusion. Besides, with modern ingredients, you really don't need much else unless you really have something special going on with the grist.

Reactions: J A
Yeah, so the robobrew should be consistent but my first beer in it I tried a two step decoction mash - loved it! Then my second batch I tried a Kesselmash - not great in a Robobrew. Then the last two have been infusion mashes - and between those I can't remember if I left the lid on the first one but I may have (however, wouldn't that have led to less boil off?) I had more boiliffon the first.

Under 12 parsecs?

On topic I've been tempted by the Robobrew v3 in Canada since it's available and stunningly cheap. It would be an interesting option for me to dial recipes in to use on the big brew rig.

Reactions: J A
caution I would only buy one if it was 230v the US versions are only 115V and are very slow to heat up

caution I would only buy one if it was 230v the US versions are only 115V and are very slow to heat up
I haven't noticed it being too slow to heat up. Honestly, I love the thing! Nice to have everything in one place for brewing. No more in and out of the house to the burner.

Getting a higher voltage unit isn't really a likely option. But I'm pretty cheap so I probably will just keep using my regular brew rig.

Back