Music to Brew To

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
any good ideas?
i'm going to have the house to myself this weekend, so i can crank it to 11 and not worry

I personally love the Zen-like silence of my basement (or am running something on Netflix).

fair enough. with all the running around and noises on brew day, i honestly can hardly tell if there's any background noises anyway.
slightly offtopic, but are you watching anything good on Netflix? we've watched the first few episodes of Daredevil and they've been pretty good. absolutely brutal fight scenes

been thinking about adding a radio of some kind to my rig, maybe a old phone tuned into a ipod hmmm

Mostly binge watching Dr. Who, since I'm too cheap to buy a cable package with the BBC.

jmcnamara said:
any good ideas?
i'm going to have the house to myself this weekend, so i can crank it to 11 and not worry

Floyd

GernBlanston said:

Haha, what kind of mind altering endeavor would be complete without that?
I only have the wall (poser I know), but that should last at least through the mash and sparge. Maybe a little foreigner, culture club, English beat, queen, nwa, some Zeppelin, maybe a little bluegrass as the wort is chilling to bring it down a notch. Maybe even throw in some ziggy stardust to round it out. "Just the bier (beer) light to guide us" is one of my favorite lyrics of all time

Ive found the zen approach works best for me, no sounds but birds chirping, no distractions and defiantly no 2nd or third brew before the boil, thats just asking for a mistake like having to replace a hard to replace element just because you forgot to flip a switch he he

I brew on Sunday mornings and crank up the local classical station. Keeps things calm and things just seem to flow smoothly .

We like to bring up Buffet on the XM radio. Does a good job of lifting the spirits when its sub-zero outside in the winter. Sometimes Bluesville fits the mood properly also.

a friend of mine runs an Internet radio station, I just text him my favorite type of music for the day and he puts on some tracks for me, nice to have friends lol

I just listen to 'Strange Brew' by Cream over and over again.

Back