MULTI KEG CARBONATION QUESTION

Sorry, I probably was not being clear. By Daisy Chaining I meant running separate gas lines into each keg from a single pressure source. No liquid lines involves.
So then yes. If they all need the same pressure, they will get it. Line size is nearly irrelevant for two reasons: gas flows easier than liquid (e.g. to a tap) and at low flow rates the line offers no resistance.

I've been hesitating to comment here but the diagram listed above looks a lot like most conventional keggerator/keezers with gas manifold after co2 regulator.

Only difference is I never try and carbonate my 4 kegs all at once.

They get carbonated at different intervals with the set and forget at serving psi 10.

So in a way it sorta supports the theory that all can be carbonated at once from the same c02 regulator pressure seeing as I add a keg every now and again with minimal absorbed co2 in the mix of fully carbed beers:rolleyes:.

One caviate manifolds have check valves or so they say :).

Craigerrr, that is one I have just built. 400 L

I build these as well. 300 L - 660 L
_A7R9850_small.jpg

I've been hesitating to comment here but the diagram listed above looks a lot like most conventional keggerator/keezers with gas manifold after co2 regulator.

Only difference is I never try and carbonate my 4 kegs all at once.

They get carbonated at different intervals with the set and forget at serving psi 10.

So in a way it sorta supports the theory that all can be carbonated at once from the same c02 regulator pressure seeing as I add a keg every now and again with minimal absorbed co2 in the mix of fully carbed beers:rolleyes:.

One caviate manifolds have check valves or so they say :).
This is the benefit of having inline regs after the main reg. You can have your Serving beer @ 12psi and the carbing ones at 30psi

Sort of related to the OP's question.
I have 10 liters in each of these kegs, will the larger keg with more head space carbonate quicker? Or is it simply a function of pressure and surface area? I have them set at 30PSI
20230508_194559.jpg

I have 10 liters in each of these kegs, will the larger keg with more head space carbonate quicker? Or is it simply a function of pressure and surface area? I have them set at 30PSI
View attachment 25347
Shouldn't make much difference. The difference area is what use in contact with the gas

One other thing to consider is multi reg set up too. (Not to further complicate things :D:p).

You have the main reg on the co2 tank, then the 6 port manifold. You can add a regulator to a line to bring the pressure down on a specific line(or group of lines) to control carbonation level on a specific keg.

Also handy if you have 3 that are ready to serve and 3 you are carbing.
View attachment 25347
I'd think as long as the surface area is the same then they should carb equally.

That is what I was thinking, good old physics again, the only laws that you can't break!

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what alot of breweries do carbonating a heap of kegs at the same time?

@The Brew Mentor how do you go about carbonating multiple kegs for your taproom?

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what alot of breweries do carbonating a heap of kegs at the same time?

@The Brew Mentor how do you go about carbonating multiple kegs for your taproom?
Regulator to manifolds split to individual kegs.
If I'm in a hurry, I'll up the pressure.
If I ever over carbonate, I hook up the keg to the house gas and take the back flow preventer out of the adapter and that way it'll use the excessive pressure to push the other kegs until it balances out. That usually will take a day or so.

Back