Moving location what method of temp control?

blackcats

Trial Member
Reaction score
Seems I will be moving to live with mother, until she dies or is put into an EMI home, so if I want to continue to do home brew, I will need to set it all up in mothers house. Only 7 miles away from my house, so could still brew in my house, but likely I will at least in winter months move the brewing to mothers.

The fridge/freezer is too large and heavy to move, and in real terms only needed in the summer, so looking at what I can do at my mothers, only brew from kits, but garage is more likely a venue to house. So will need to keep brew warm, the simple aquarium heater seems most likely method.

However in a detached garage with good ventilation it will likely need some insulation around the fermenter to keep it warm, but I already have found so easy to over do the insulation, fermenting produces heat so in early stages it needs to get rid of the excess heat.

When brewing in the house I used body warmers, or old coats, but that was with an ambient of 16 ~ 20°C in a garage it can go below freezing, so what do others use to keep it warm? never used an aquarium heater so any tips on how to keep the brew at 19.5°C +/- 0.5°C without a fridge in winter, if I need to brew in the summer I will move brewing back home to my house.
Tags: gia xe toyota altis 2016, xe khach hyundai county, xe toyota camry 2016

Last edited:
I once considered an aquarium heater. My plan was to put my fermenter in a tub of water, which I would've heated with a heater.

Heat belt not that I need one in Queensland Australia in summer but I still put it round fermentor it can change fermentation temperature reasonably quickly so any drops you get below set temp it will adequately raise that temp without me ch delay.

I'm not in your shoes 20$ I got mine and it's mine now forever no mechanical parts just hard wired electionics you call mate.

And besides your a great bloke looking after your mum in her old age so I hope you churn out some great brews cheers:)

Check this out
http://www.wortomatic.com/articles/38DD-Mother-of-a-Fermentation-Chiller
P6150002.JPG

Attachments

• P6150003.JPG
    P6150003.JPG
    988.4 KB · Views: 127

Back