More California fire

Dangerous ground but I'll agree: the Idiot in Chief needs to listen to a few real stable geniuses instead of oil companies and his uncalibrated gut on this one.

Holy hell that's a lot of damage. Ft McMurray only lost 2400 homes and we got lucky with no fatalities evacuating 88,000 people. But it started a lot further away from the town so we had more warning.

Damn man, hang on up there. I'll leave my opinion out of this as I've already made it pretty clear.

We've got a big forest fire just started here in QLd in a place called Deepwater it's a National Park I think nothing like Campfire but still a big one for Queensland they've sent in a water bomber from NSW to help reduce the intensisity looks like things could get ugly with this arvo hot dry wind change.

I hope the firefighters get that one contained quickly. I don't know what the vegetation looks like there other than a quick google. Looks a bit like our Florida from what I can see. Knock it down quick.

It has been raining here for 2 or 3 days, wish we could send it where it is truly needed.

I see that this recipe has been loaded into the recipe database here at BF. Good work whoever was energetic enough to do that ! I do, however, recommend that anyone who uses it (or even if you don't), please consider a donation to the Golden Valley Foundation in honor of the good folks at Sierra Nevada

Thank you sir, there are so many ways to help. My kids all volunteered at shelters until there were too many volunteers. Food and clothing were useful at first. A displaced family rented the house next door (it had been vacant for a while). They needed to borrow simple things like a vacuum cleaner.

Sadly the next problem will be housing. Paradise was for the most part a low income foothill community and a lot of retirees with fixed incomes. Investors have come and bought up all of the available real estate in Chico making housing (which was already above what most can afford) go through the roof. It will be many years before the inventory can catch up . . .

Well not as devastating as the fires over there but we're on Severe Fire Warning ATM and up north where them fires are a raging around deepwater Gladston Rockhampton their on Catastrophic Fire Warning:eek:! last I heard there are over 100 fires burning in the state of Queensland! Last I here front line of that deepwater Fire over 50km long:eek:! Bloody Nora! Hot Dry and heaps gusty winds, severe thunderstorm with dry lightning strikes and a duststrom blowing across from the west. Gee Wizz I need a Homebrew:confused:.

Well not as devastating as the fires over there but we're on Severe Fire Warning ATM and up north where them fires are a raging around deepwater Gladston Rockhampton their on Catastrophic Fire Warning:eek:! last I heard there are over 100 fires burning in the state of Queensland! Last I here front line of that deepwater Fire over 50km long:eek:! Bloody Nora! Hot Dry and heaps gusty winds, severe thunderstorm with dry lightning strikes and a duststrom blowing across from the west. Gee Wizz I need a Homebrew:confused:.

Hope they stay away from where you are. Be safe!

You Aussies have dealt with draught and water shortages longer than we have in the US. And in many, many ways, more effectively. I hope you all stay safe. God Save The Queenslanders.

Back