Monthly Zoom meeting - What time works best?

BarbarianBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Our monthly Brewer's Friend Zoom meetings are wonderful! It is great to put faces and names to Forum names. I really encourage all to join if you are able to. A thread now exists at the top of the Forum page with the meeting information.

The meetings have standardized to be afternoon/early-evening (in North America) on the last Saturday of the month. Specifically 11:00 pm UTC (aka GMT aka Zulu). There are numerous online calculators to convert UTC to your local time zone. In last night's meeting we discussed adjusting the meeting time to allow more members to attend. This really affects members like Ben (@Trialben) in Australia and Anne Marie (@Zambezi Special) in Africa and Alan (@AHarper) in England (though I'm not sure Alan ever sleeps :p). In addition to time zones people have different sleep schedules.

So, please reply to this thread with what time would work best for you? What is the borderline time for being too early or too late?

Our monthly Brewer's Friend Zoom meetings are wonderful! It is great to put faces and names to Forum names. I really encourage all to join if you are able to. A thread now exists at the top of the Forum page with the meeting information.

The meetings have standardized to be afternoon/early-evening (in North America) on the last Saturday of the month. Specifically 11:00 pm UTC (aka GMT aka Zulu). There are numerous online calculators to convert UTC to your local time zone. In last night's meeting we discussed adjusting the meeting time to allow more members to attend. This really affects members like Ben (@Trialben) in Australia and Anne Marie (@Zambezi Special) in Africa and Alan (@AHarper) in England (though I'm not sure Alan ever sleeps :p). In addition to time zones people have different sleep schedules.

So, please reply to this thread with what time would work best for you? What is the borderline time for being too early or too late?

Uh? This woke me up....
As I am retired I have no problem adjusting my day to suit whatever time you all come up with - I'll be there.

upload_2021-1-31_18-43-9.png

I'd suggest, too, that we give our Europeans, Africans and Australians first shot at the time. I know we discussed moving it an hour earlier, if that works, we can move it.

Much appreciated guys (and galls)
I'm in a rural atea and farming,, so normally up early.
I can do 05.00 GMT (if needs be 04.00 GMT) till 20.00 GMT (if needs be 21.00 GMT, but rather not as I may have fallen asleep by then and anyway, I may not be talking sense at that time of day due to too much time for beer consumption)
We got no summertime, so no changes depending on season.

I would like to join in. Didnt manage the last one, but the one before was fun and I am sure I will work out how to operate that zoom system eventually ;)

The meetings have been at 6:00PM here for me. I am good with earlier, or later.

Same for me earlier or later. Whatever works for the guys at the beginning and ending of their days works for me.

Yeah, EST is pretty easy for me, so non-USA folks* get priority as far as I'm concerned. Their participation has great value for me.

*Canadians included, even in Labrador time...

Might I suggest that we start the meeting an hour or two earlier, but keep it going to the usual end time or even longer?
This might make it more inclusive.
Easy for me to say as it is @Nosybear that is setting up and hosting the meeting...
I think most of us are in North American time zones GMT-5 to GMT-8, so it is easy enough for all of us to start as much as several hours earlier, or later.
The struggle is getting a time that is not too early for the Aussies, and not too late for @AHarper and others in the UK GMT, and @Zambezi Special who I believe is GMT+2.
If we were to start earlier, and end later, I could see myself popping on for an hour early on, and an hour later on so I can say Hi to as many of you fine folks as possible.

Might I suggest that we start the meeting an hour or two earlier, but keep it going to the usual end time or even longer?
This might make it more inclusive.
Easy for me to say as it is @Nosybear that is setting up and hosting the meeting...
I think most of us are in North American time zones GMT-5 to GMT-8, so it is easy enough for all of us to start as much as several hours earlier, or later.
The struggle is getting a time that is not too early for the Aussies, and not too late for @AHarper and others in the UK GMT, and @Zambezi Special who I believe is GMT+2.
If we were to start earlier, and end later, I could see myself popping on for an hour early on, and an hour later on so I can say Hi to as many of you fine folks as possible.
Could be hard on the liver...LOL

If I go back two hours (2 PM MDT/21 GMT), Zambezi is still joining at midnight, if my math is right.

I think she said the last meeting at 23:00 gmt was 01:00 for her.

I'll try to get onto the next one. Whatever time is picked. I'm a rookie so I'll go with the group.

I think all that we have really done with this thread is discuss options, but it does sound like an earlier start will be more inclusive.
If we were to start at 14:00 Mountain time, that would be 23:00 for @Zambezi Special , and not disrupt @AHarper 's sleep patterns too much (if he in fact sleeps at all). I am pretty sure that this would be 07:00 for @Trialben , I believe that Ben said that would be cool with him.
I think this might be the best compromise for a global meeting time.
All in favor?
Anyone opposed to 14;00 MST?

Back