mini fridge conversion

Hello there. Huge thanks for sharing your advice on that, guys. I highly appreciate your help. You made me remember that my father has a small fridge. The only problem is that it’s broken, so I’d be grateful for any repair service recommendations.
Ugh. Hate to be the party pooper, but few professionals will attempt a fridge repair, and it might cost more than a new-to-you used one.

Ugh. Hate to be the party pooper, but few professionals will attempt a fridge repair, and it might cost more than a new-to-you used one.
my first kegerator had a leak and didnt work out of the box. they wouldnt send a repairman. Said they dont repair them.

anyone out there use a mini fridge for fermenting in? wondering if i can take out the "freezer tray" or is it the piece that actually cools the fridge? it's making the fridge too cold and froze some beer i had in there yesterday
Yes I Have Used A Mini Fridge Here You Have Seen

Reset Button in A Refrigerator
Is There a Reset Button in A Refrigerator If it blinks Hum or fails to cool down you m…

How Much Amperage Does a Refrigerator Use?

How Much Amperage Does a Refrigerator Use? Today's kitchen has more gadgets and ap…

WHAT KIND OF EXTENSION CORD SHOULD I USE FOR A REFRIGERATOR
Proper

Proper Extension Cord For A Refrigerator While just about any type of electrical exten…

How Do You Fix a Mini Fridge That is Not Cooling

Here's a pic of Mini fridge build my Work mate did
IMG_20230809_194708.jpg
this will do the Job
IMG_20230809_194712.jpg

A cheep 1st step into fermentation Control a key step in making great beer not matter how hot or cold it is outside.

Good onya mate!

Is that deep enough for a six-gallon fermenter even with the extension? Depth wise, mine won't fit anything deeper than a six pack on the bottom. My fermonster is pretty big. If you have it inside, it would be easy to control an ale. In the garage with a lager might be a different story.
I bought a normal, used refrigerator from a friend for cheap.
I did see a chest freezer for really cheap at Best Buy the other day, but inserting and lifting a full fermenter from the top might be a bitch with one of those.
Not trying to be negative. I actually think it is a cool idea, but make sure you measure the fermenter. Also consider the number of bottles you need or the size of the keg if you are kegging. Bottles carbonate at the same temp as an ale. The height of my corny keg barely fits in my normal refrigerator.

Last edited:
Is that deep enough for a six-gallon fermenter even with the extension? Depth wise, mine won't fit anything deeper than a six pack on the bottom. My fermonster is pretty big. If you have it inside, it would be easy to control an ale. In the garage with a lager might be a different story.
I bought a normal, used refrigerator from a friend for cheap.
I did see a chest freezer for really cheap at Best Buy the other day, but inserting and lifting a full fermenter from the top might be a bitch with one of those.
Not trying to be negative. I actually think it is a cool idea, but make sure you measure the fermenter. Also consider the number of bottles you need or the size of the keg if you are kegging. Bottles carbonate at the same temp as an ale. The height of my corny keg barely fits in my normal refrigerator.
I'll ask him today.:)

He uses an 21 lt fermenter I'm sure.
I think it's an Allrounder but will find out.

Yeah it'll be working when he crashes the beer.

I started out in a wine fridge it would only go as low as sparkling wine setting 14c lol I made a lagers and kolsch in it.

I used a chest freezer for a long while thier great but yup works your sphincter when moving fermenter.
My solution was pump the wort into fermenter already set up in the freezer then push it out into the keg.

That freezer is still going great cost me 50 6 years ago or more.

Love these pics.
I use a bar fridge and it can just hold my 12 litre speidel, after removing the door trays. It can also hold 2 oxebar kegs.
But one of these days I will get a new chest freezer and then put a collar on my old one. If the batteries on my solar system can cope.
Or maybe a collar on my 12 volt one once I find a 12 volt temp controller that actually works ...

Love these pics.
I use a bar fridge and it can just hold my 12 litre speidel, after removing the door trays. It can also hold 2 oxebar kegs.
But one of these days I will get a new chest freezer and then put a collar on my old one. If the batteries on my solar system can cope.
Or maybe a collar on my 12 volt one once I find a 12 volt temp controller that actually works ...
STC do 12v controlers I use one on my glycol chamber to run my glycol pump and a 60W heat belt

Back