Mini freezer for kegerator/keezer?

Nope. Would be fine. The inkbird will hold any temperature you like.

Okay, thanks
Np.

OK, you might need a heating pad ( like for a sore back) to get temperatures above ambient, but the inkbird can manage that too.

So all that remains is "will it fit". Nice.

I used a similar mini fridge as a fermentation chamber for a year or so. It all worked fine, but I had the same problem as Josh. The condenser bump meant I couldn't fit a 20 litre or larger fermenter in it as they were two wide to fit on the same level as the bump and then too tall to sit above the bump. I could fit two 5 litre glass demijohns or one 12 litre Speidel easily.

If you wanted to use it as a kegerator I think it'd be more functional. Mine could take multiple 5 and 10 litre kegs. I agree with drilling holes for taps through the door. With the tubing length you'll need to keep the flow under control opening the doors should be easy, if a little unsightly. It's basically the same as a jockey box conversion at that point.

I recommend the getting the wifi inkbird. Set it up on your mobile device and you have control from anywhere. You also get alarms if your temp exceeds the settings. It's pretty cool.

I got a free mini fridge from a garage sale and while I had to pull the shelving off the door it fits a 7G fermenter without any issue. The only real hangup is making sure the space at the bottom is enough to close the door.

I got a free mini fridge from a garage sale and while I had to pull the shelving off the door it fits a 7G fermenter without any issue. The only real hangup is making sure the space at the bottom is enough to close the door.
Nice score!

Yeah it was a coke branded one and they had it sitting there and told me to just take it.

We use a keezer for work, they work fine, but you'll need a temp controller to maintain a specific temp

I recommend going used, I've bought new, and they're never the right size you imagine

I started with a small fridge, however, it would only cool down to around 40 F. That wasn't cold enough for me, so I bought a small chest freezer and built a 3 tap keezer. I cool my kegs to 33 F, and consistently get sub 40F beer from ny taps. I like COLD beer!

This is mine. 5 cu ft chest freezer from Walmart. Right side has two kegs (I could go three) and dispensers while left side has a chilled water reservoir for use with my SS Brewtech brew bucket and controller. External temperature control set for 36 F.

Wow, nice setup Bubba, could basically take your idea and make a large glycose cooler using the same basic system.

Wow, nice setup Bubba, could basically take your idea and make a large glycose cooler using the same basic system.
What I like about it is that I can use one refrigeration unit for both keg dispensing and fermentation temperature control. I am looking at making a bigger chilled water reservoir. This one holds about 3 gallons using the 4” PVC pipe. This is usually okay for the 3.5 gallon fermenter but sometimes I’d like a bit more capacity.

Back