Medium ABV IPA thoughts?

Bigbre04

Premium Plus Member
Established Member
Reaction score
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1432749

Hey all,

Thinking that this will be my next brew.

I only have about 20 ozs of Simcoe cryo left so I am trying to use that up. I have Mosaic, Citra, Ekuanot, Sabro, el dorado, columbus, etc. on hand that i could sub in for any of the hops.

I have never brewed with Idaho 7 so I wanted to give that a swing.

I am going for somewhere between an old school hoppy IPA and a Juicy IPA hence the columbus at 60 mins and the small flavor additions.

Let me know what yall think!

Double Whirlpooled Dank IPA.

No dry hop?
Yup I wanna do a dank fruity IPA style beer I was thinking Chinook especially after Treehouse had it in their top ten hops the other day.

Mosaic Citra Eldorado Simcoe I'd also pair in some Chinook on the WP.

I see you snuck some wheat in there too good man!
Looks delicious!

Double Whirlpooled Dank IPA.

No dry hop?
Yup I wanna do a dank fruity IPA style beer I was thinking Chinook especially after Treehouse had it in their top ten hops the other day.

Mosaic Citra Eldorado Simcoe I'd also pair in some Chinook on the WP.

I see you snuck some wheat in there too good man!
Looks delicious!
I dont have any Nook right now! I have lots of cascade. i probably didnt enter the recipe right there should be a dryhop

I dont have any Nook right now! I have lots of cascade. i probably didnt enter the recipe right there should be a dryhop
Maybe that's the double Wp lol.

Oh woops Columbus yeah sorry

When I first looked, I was dumbfounded by the 124 pounds of 2-row, and the small ounce size hops additions. But then I saw the whirlpool and dry hops additions, and it started making sense. It looks good to me.

When I first looked, I was dumbfounded by the 124 pounds of 2-row, and the small ounce size hops additions. But then I saw the whirlpool and dry hops additions, and it started making sense. It looks good to me.
Ya the combination of the cryo hops and a different hop schedule could def be confusing. I use as much cryo as I can to save on total volume.

Thats a lot of lines of hops. And moderate is 6.3 now? I must be getting old.

That being said, it looks pretty good. I cannot assign a taste to each of the hops, it is too complex for my imagination, but I figure, it wouldn't be bad, could it?

The grain bill looks solid. Yeast choice, with a little care, will be nice too.

If it were me, I'd brew 3 gallons in my little test system and see what I got first. But, well, that's just me.

Thats a lot of lines of hops. And moderate is 6.3 now? I must be getting old.

That being said, it looks pretty good. I cannot assign a taste to each of the hops, it is too complex for my imagination, but I figure, it wouldn't be bad, could it?

The grain bill looks solid. Yeast choice, with a little care, will be nice too.

If it were me, I'd brew 3 gallons in my little test system and see what I got first. But, well, that's just me.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1422387

This is where i started. It's on right now and it's really good.

Trying out the Idaho 7 hops and finishing up the bag of Simcoe that I have.

I'm gonna sit down and take a look at that hop schedule again tomorrow.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1422387

This is where i started. It's on right now and it's really good.

Trying out the Idaho 7 hops and finishing up the bag of Simcoe that I have.

I'm gonna sit down and take a look at that hop schedule again tomorrow.
Simcoe Columbus will bring some pine dank to that tropical tango something I want to do soon.
When it's brewed and on tap please do share a photo and taste description ;)

Simcoe Columbus will bring some pine dank to that tropical tango something I want to do soon.
When it's brewed and on tap please do share a photo and taste description
Hey now that I know how to post pictures I can def do that! We have a photographer coming in to take pictures for the website. It's finally coming together!

Backriverbrewery.com

Hey now that I know how to post pictures I can def do that! We have a photographer coming in to take pictures for the website. It's finally coming together!

Backriverbrewery.com
Bong water Bay juicy session IPA. :D

So thats the name of the beer?
Or Bay?

Looks like the websites still in progress?
Looks cool btw

Or Bay?

Looks cool btw
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/embed/1352389

Lol it's named after a local character who lives in said bay.

Yup still in progress. Social media chick is getting stock images replaced with actual ones and is working on it in general!

Expensive but we should have done it a long time ago...

Or Bay?

Looks cool btw
This is the island hopper ipa(second recipe I sent). A good blend of malty, hoppy, and fruity. 6.4% 50 something ibus

Attachments

• 20231121_140603.jpg
    20231121_140603.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 28
Nice orange colour that looks Hoppy!
Great creamy head too.

Hey all,

Thinking that this will be my next brew.

I only have about 20 ozs of Simcoe cryo left so I am trying to use that up. I have Mosaic, Citra, Ekuanot, Sabro, el dorado, columbus, etc. on hand that i could sub in for any of the hops.

I have never brewed with Idaho 7 so I wanted to give that a swing.

I am going for somewhere between an old school hoppy IPA and a Juicy IPA hence the columbus at 60 mins and the small flavor additions.

Let me know what yall think! Retin-A Micro offers a unique microsphere technology, providing a sustained release of tretinoin for gradual skin transformation. In contrast, traditional Retin-A delivers immediate effects with a higher concentration retin a micro vs retin a, making it a potent choice for rapid skin renewal.
I'm planning on brewing my first original West Coast style IPA. I just wanted to get some feedback/advice. Let me know what you think.

OG: 1.061
FG: 1.014
ABV: 6.03%
IBU: 63.7

13 lbs 2-row
1 lb light Munich

.25 oz Chinook @ 60 mins
.25 oz Chinook, Cascade, Columbus @ 20 mins, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins
1 oz Chinook, Cascade, Columbus dry hop 7 days
1 oz Chinook, Cascade, Columbus dry hop 3 days

Wyeast American Ale 1056

Water chemistry
Sulfate:Chloride 3:1

I'm planning on brewing my first original West Coast style IPA. I just wanted to get some feedback/advice. Let me know what you think.

OG: 1.061
FG: 1.014
ABV: 6.03%
IBU: 63.7

13 lbs 2-row
1 lb light Munich

.25 oz Chinook @ 60 mins
.25 oz Chinook, Cascade, Columbus @ 20 mins, 15 mins, 10 mins, 5 mins
1 oz Chinook, Cascade, Columbus dry hop 7 days
1 oz Chinook, Cascade, Columbus dry hop 3 days

Wyeast American Ale 1056

Water chemistry
Sulfate:Chloride 3:1
I would put the columbus at 60 mins instead of Chinook.

Grain wise, I might add a small amount of c45 and bump the abv up a touch. Maybe 6.5 or 7?

Back