Mash volume auto-fill

Hobbes

Trial Member
Reaction score
I've noticed when creating a new recipe that the mash guide has you enter the amount of water and the ratio... it would be nice to be able to use the calc here, either enter volume or thickness and have it auto populate the first infusion for me.

I often either go for a nice round number that lands me between 1.25-1.5, or i just want 1.5 (RIMs setup). I have to hit calc, do the maths... then go back and put the number I got based on my grain weight/types.

I just enter the ratio I want then save and look at the quick water calc and go from there. If it auto filled it wouldn't be a nice round number so you would change it anyway.

Last edited:
I gotcha, and that's exactly what I do. I open another window to a mash calc, and put target vol or ratio and find out how many gals water I should be throwing in, or what the ratio is with xyz water.

It seems logical to me that if i type "1.25" for the grist ratio that the software should "suggest" how much water will be the infusion to get 1.25 based on the grain bill without me having to leave to a calculator page to find that number out manually. Or maybe have the calc pop "up" and then fill the number in for me.

For now, the mash section for me is mostly just to see what temp i'll be using. The ratio and water vol i end up figuring out on the fly for my system, and the sparge water vol would be nice too... i have no idea on the recipe how much sparge water will be required to reach the pre-boil vol based on the values present. I have to do math (or know from experience) that i'll need xyz vols of water to sparge with to reach xyz pre-boil volume.

Back