Mash tun and HLT cooler recs

One feature I really like is the screw on lid. I use a BIAB bag in it and can lift it up off of the bottom and screw the lid on it to hold and let the bag drain after sparging to get pretty much all the wort. The elbow is so close to the bottom that I've got almost no dead space.

That's the next think through I gotta start pondering, drain method....SST false bottom, Bazooka, BIAB, or repurpose my DIY PVC manifold. Oh the struggle of these first world problems! :rolleyes:

Finally got things together! I used parts of the pvc manifold I made a little more than a year ago and just reconfigured it. I have it upside down so you can see the holes. They are normally facing down so the grain bed forms over top of the pipes and gravity pushes the sweet wort into the tubes. There is a single hole in each pipe so that any air can be pushed out so the manifold doesn't try to float. After giving up with Homer and the Loews as well as the LHBS, I got the valve, nipple and barbs from Amazon. It's a Chinese SST assembly from Dernord for half the cost of the just the same valve from my LHBS! We'll be giving this it's maiden voyage tomorrow on my old stand by Brown Ale recipe that's a Brooklyn Brown clone.
20190329_195257.jpeg
20190329_195145.jpeg

Back