Mash calculator within recipe builder

oliver

Premium Member
Reaction score
Can the mash calculator section within the Brew Session be more integrated within the Recipe Builder? As of now the recipe builder only offers Quick Water Requirements and ALWAYS is set to 152ºF and calculates out strike temp for 152.. Is that number changeable in some way?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.21.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-11-07 at 10.21.15 AM.png
    715 KB · Views: 51
Check your equipment profile, the calculator might be using something set there.

Mash guidelines are the priority update aside from the mobile apps. We have a couple updates coming to improve the QWR calculations, and then a somewhat significant overhaul of the mash guidelines system that I'm hopeful will support all brewing processes.

Once that update goes live, the mash calculations within the brew sessions will be decommissioned in favor of the recipe builder or standalone calculator.

Mash guidelines are the priority update aside from the mobile apps. We have a couple updates coming to improve the QWR calculations, and then a somewhat significant overhaul of the mash guidelines system that I'm hopeful will support all brewing processes.

Once that update goes live, the mash calculations within the brew sessions will be decommissioned in favor of the recipe builder or standalone calculator.
awesome, I have some one asking me about this topic, he says he gets confused having to go to another page to figure out strike water temperature for each recipe.

I personally like the way it is right now. You're saying the Mash Guidelines tab in the brew session will go away? I use that to enter all my decoction mash logs and temperature readings throughout brewing.

awesome, I have some one asking me about this topic, he says he gets confused having to go to another page to figure out strike water temperature for each recipe.

I personally like the way it is right now. You're saying the Mash Guidelines tab in the brew session will go away? I use that to enter all my decoction mash logs and temperature readings throughout brewing.

Strike/infusion temps will be automatically calculated going forward, so no need to seperate calculators or anything like that. Also mash thickness and strike volumes, and batch sparge volumes as well (if your equipment profile is setup to do so and you enable it in the recipe).
That's the idea is to have all of those recorded and supported directly in the recipe builder, and measurements/volumes that occur on brew day should be used via the brew session event logs.

We're open to alternative feedback like that, if you want to record the volumes/measurements via the mash guidelines that's something we can take into consideration but if so we'll likely need to scrap the existing mash guidelines and reproduce the new format from the recipe builder so they're mirrored.

Strike/infusion temps will be automatically calculated going forward, so no need to seperate calculators or anything like that. Also mash thickness and strike volumes, and batch sparge volumes as well (if your equipment profile is setup to do so and you enable it in the recipe).
That's the idea is to have all of those recorded and supported directly in the recipe builder, and measurements/volumes that occur on brew day should be used via the brew session event logs.

We're open to alternative feedback like that, if you want to record the volumes/measurements via the mash guidelines that's something we can take into consideration but if so we'll likely need to scrap the existing mash guidelines and reproduce the new format from the recipe builder so they're mirrored.
i understand. As of now, the Recipe and the Brew Session are not mirrored, as long as there is elements of both incorporated in both, I just like making those mash step notes as I go, decoctions and step mashing isn't a perfect science with my tools.

Back