Mangrove Jacks M54 Lager yeast

probably, both of mine were as clean as you can get, just different. the yeast drops fast but the beer doesn't clear which is strange, usually they both drop and clear together but I have it working now

edit I fermented mine at 62 then raised it to 65 then 70

did some testing on the mangrove yeast, I had both starters in sealed jars setting in a keezer at 34f for a week then I decanted all wort on top then set them on a network switch that runs warm, after an hour the yeast expanded twice its size. I think this is something that could cause issues with beer unless its chilled very cold and decanted to another vessel

Gonna resurrect this old thread. So I brewed a Cali Common on 10/15 using M54. Fermented within range at 64-67. Took 52 hrs to show any signs of fermentation. Once it started, it was pretty vigorous for 3.5 days then pretty much stopped. Took a gravity sample yesterday and it was 1.017. OG was 1.055. so that puts it at 69% attenuation.

I need this to be around 1.012 or so. This batch was 3 gallons and pitched the entire 10g pack. exp date was sometime in 2018 so I sure there was plenty of viable yeast. I also re-hydrated but I didn't get the foaming like I normally do with Fermentis yeasts.
Would like to get this bottled on Friday or Saturday so I can brew on Sunday.

Would you guys leave it at 1.017 or pitch more yeast to try and get gravity down?

What’s your ferm temp?

It fermented at 65- raised it to 67 this morning. I'll swirl when I get home and raise temps to 72. If I can get a few more points I'll be happy.

Back