Malted Barley LME Efficiency

Cavebrewer

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have an extra bottle of a LME Barley malt (20 ounces) that I'm thinking about adding to a recipe. There's no option for it in the fermentables, so I was thinking about listing it as a steeping grain, and just doing the LME to grain conversion. My question is less about the amount, but more about the efficiency. Since it is liquid instead of grains, would the efficiency be 100%?

in the recipe editor, look down towards the bottom of the fermentables, right below the last united kingdom you see liquid extract, pick one.

your efficiency is really up to you and based on the overall batch when its finished fermenting, you move the efficiency percent up or down base on hitting your numbers batch after batch

It's an extract recipe so I only have the basic Amber-Wheat liquid options, with no Barley in between. Do you think it would be close if I just entered the barley malt as a dark LME?

Unless otherwise stated it should be safe to assume that if is listed as LME, then it is of the Barely variety. I select the LME in the list that best fits the description of what you have. You can also load a custom fermentable, but you will need the PPG for the sugar, and Lovi for the recipe calculations to work right.

I used it as a dark LME, and brewed it about an hour ago. Turned out pretty darn close to what the website said it would be. I was just trying to get rid of some leftover ingredients I had, so I ended up brewing a 2 gallon batch of Biere de Garde.

Back