Malt Statistics

PZ

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I realize it is impossible to list every grain with the correct ppg and diastatic power (dp), but I was wondering if you could list the brand somewhere so we know if what we are using might be significantly different. In two recent instances, using German munich light and German pilsner, the ppg in the recipe database was higher than what my lhbs stocks, but I had to figure it out the hard way. Once I know I can create a custom fermentable, which is a great feature, btw. Also, the dp for the German Munich Light is way off.

Thanks, pz

I would also like to know how the types of malts are being defined? When using the water calculator i gives the option of Roasted, Crystal, Base, Acid. How is this defined?

Example: Gladfield Aurora is listed as a crystal malt using BF drop down menu in the recipe builder, but Gladfields website suggests it a Base malt. Has this stuff been checked? It has a huge effect on the water calculations.

The Gladfield malts info came from the manufacturer. If it says "crystal" in the dropdown, that is an error and we can fix that.
The German light Munich is incorrect- that you for pointing that out. It's Weyermann light Munich, with a DP of 150 WK. In degrees Lintner, it should be 47. We'll correct that as well.
Thank you!

Those corrections have been made. Please let me know if you find other errors, so we can fix them right away. Thank you!

Back