iOS Logged in, then logged out

Herm brews

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Administrators, I am having issues staying logged in when using my older Apple iPad. Very interesting that the screen shows I am a member online now, but ads are on the page and at the very top there is a login. It seems I can login, view a thread and even post comments, but if I switch threads, I get logged out. Also, it seems when I “like” a post in a thread, the screen flashes, the like is not recorded, and I get logged out. Can someone take a look.
Meanwhile, my iPhone keeps me logged in without issue.

Administrators, I am having issues staying logged in when using my older Apple iPad. Very interesting that the screen shows I am a member online now, but ads are on the page and at the very top there is a login. It seems I can login, view a thread and even post comments, but if I switch threads, I get logged out. Also, it seems when I “like” a post in a thread, the screen flashes, the like is not recorded, and I get logged out. Can someone take a look.
Meanwhile, my iPhone keeps me logged in without issue.
I'm having the same issue on my iPad that is fully updated (16.4.1). After I log in, I might be able to click one or two posts and then I get logged out. This just started happening a few days ago and only happens on this site. I don't have the same problem on my even older iPhone or PC, or on other sites that require a log-in. Strange.

I should mention that I use Safari on my iPad.

First off, I have no clue what I’m doing. But googling a bit, I might have an answer.

Settings —->. Safari —-> Disable “Prevent Cross-Site Tracking”.

That seems to have solved the problem though I have no idea why. My iPhone has that button enabled and doesn’t log me out… but it is running an older iOS (15.7.5).

I’ll enable it again on my iPad and see if the problem comes back.

Well, I enabled that button again and I’m still not having the issue. This is so stupid. :p

I just did the same with settings, now to see if it helps.

upload_2023-5-3_11-19-50.png
Check out this screen capture, it shows me as online, but not logged in. This is crazy.

Would clearing the cache help?

No idea, just throwing it out, but seems to work often with android and microsoft.

Thanks for the description, even though I cannot recreate this using Safari (so far) but I usually use chrome. I've put in a support ticket.

@Herm brews @Megary I've been trying to come up with a way to recreate this to test, but wonder if you might try testing something for me on your devices/browsers that are having problems.

Could you please try the following:
  1. Use the "Login" button (even though your profile appears to be already "partially" logged in) and log yourself in
  2. Then, once you are logged in, click on your avatar icon and choose the "Log Out" option (see screencap below)
  3. Refresh the page (one extra refresh to make sure that you're logged out)
Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 11.21.14 AM.png

Once you've done that, do you stop seeing your logged in status appearing? Or is it still there?

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 11.23.01 AM.png

This reply is being entered from my PC, where I don't have any issues.

I tried the above procedure 3 times on my iPad with Safari and every time I hit "Log Out" it took me to a new screen that said:

RDWHAHB.jpg

What's more interesting is that I tried to post that picture from my iPad, but every time I hit "Upload a File" the button didn't do anything. And if I tried to navigate off the page I was logged out. And whatever I had typed into the reply box wasn't saved the next time I came back on.

Back