It's getting a little boring here in Good Times Brewing so I thought I'd start another "Lessons Learned" thread, a place for us to post the little lessons, accidents and recoveries every brew day brings. So I'll start: Always check everything prior to brew day! My last brew day I was cooling my wort and being midsummer, tap water isn't cold enough to get the wort down to pitch temperature. So I augment using two two-liter soda bottles filled with water and frozen to get the wort down those last few degrees. I'd used the same two bottles for over a year so didn't think anything of it. So when I took one of the bottles out of the freezer, it had split. Recovery: I got the wort as cool as I could with the other bottle, then stuck it in my lagering fridge for a couple hours. Pitched and it's bubbling away in the basement right now.