Leaking disconnects!

Not one to give up too easily I know I've got an old beer line tucked away in the garage at home that I've been too lazy to cut free of the line.
It hasn't been used for over a year but you know what it sure didn't get cleaned the other day heck it hasn't been cleaned since I threw it on the dusty shelf it's still sitting on. But I'll give it a quick rinse and whack it onto one of them kegs and see if we get any leakidge if not it's news to me that I gotta shell out some coin for some new disconnects :);).

There is a seal around the valve seat in the quick connect. That appears to be damaged or the seat is scored. We see this in air systems in the diving world when regulators creep because of small scores or tears that are very hard to see. You can purchase replacement seats, Which is the "pin" like part ,and the spring and O ring for it in a kit.
https://www.homebrewing.org/Ball-Lock-Disconnect-Repair-Kit_p_4387.html

Just a note and maybe it is better placed somewhere else in the forum but it is good practice to take apart and clean everything that is downstream of the keg. Essentially, anything beer touches. A lot of grime and ugliness builds up inside the taps and quick connects. They are all simple valves and very easy to take apart and clean and reassemble.

Just a note and maybe it is better placed somewhere else in the forum but it is good practice to take apart and clean everything that is downstream of the keg. Essentially, anything beer touches. A lot of grime and ugliness builds up inside the taps and quick connects. They are all simple valves and very easy to take apart and clean and reassemble.
Or so it seems....;) you know I run Into this issue cleaning me lines. Yes you get cleaning is next to godliness next in line is fresh great tasting beer:).

I have a beer line that needs replacing. After my last Chile beer months ago, if beer sits in the line for a few days...I get a shot of Chile beero_O
These are real kegging problems. Worldwide!

I have a beer line that needs replacing. After my last Chile beer months ago, if beer sits in the line for a few days...I get a shot of Chile beero_O
These are real kegging problems. Worldwide!

Yeah thats the problem with anything plastic/vinyl, it is porous and will absorb. Good news is, its cheap and easy to replace. lol

Back