Late additions to fermenter calculates low ABV

MarkOne

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm building a recipe for Old Ale.
When I add the fermentables to the recipe the values calculated show OG = 1.065, ABV = 6.82.

However, when I select 'Late Addition (Fermenter)' for the sugars (Molasses and Honey) the figures are OG = 1.057 and ABV = 6.03. I am using kettle efficiency.
I understand that the OG is lower, but the ABV should still be 6.82 as the sugars will be added to the fermenter and contribute alcohol to the beer.

Is this a problem with the recipe editor, or do I need to use it differently?

Thanks for submitting the request. Can you share your recipe so we can investigate further and confirm where the error is occuring?

Hi PricelessBrewing,
just wondering if you have had a chance to investigate this issue?

I noticed the latest email about updates and features mentioned 'Enhanced calculations and timing for fermentables added as late additions'.
But I just checked another recipe and it seems the late additions calculations are still not correct.

would you be able to provide an update, please.

Thanks
Mark

Hi PricelessBrewing,
just wondering if you have had a chance to investigate this issue?

I noticed the latest email about updates and features mentioned 'Enhanced calculations and timing for fermentables added as late additions'.
But I just checked another recipe and it seems the late additions calculations are still not correct.

would you be able to provide an update, please.

Thanks
Mark
Hi Mark, thanks for following up and apologies for not updating this thread in a timely manner.

I did find the cause, and sent the request over to the developers. The request was approved, and the task was assigned to one of the developers. I don't have an update on regards to any sort of timeline but I know they're aware of the issue and it's in the pipeline.

As far as the newsletter, it was communicating the recent implementation of the feature. There has not been any updates for the late additions since the first roll out, a few weeks ago (?). My sense of times not the best, but I believe it was around the beginning of the month.

Thanks again for the followup, I've added this thread to the request ticket and will provide updates as they become available.

Back