Lager Brew Weekend!

BilltownBrewingCo

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Had a nice brew weekend. I always brew 7-8 5 gallon batches for a crawfish boil we have in June, and I always do the lagers over Christmas/New Years, as having very cold tap water temps is helpful. From left to right, the beers are a traditional bock (it's much darker than the photo apears, the yeast is working hard and makes it show up lighter), a helles, and a Czech Pils. These were the first three beers I've used my new 240v 20g Clawhammer supply system to brew. I loved the thing, my goodness was it breeze in comparison to my old piece-mealed system. I was easily able to control temps durring the mash, which allowed me to do a decoction for the Pils. I'm very excited about it, because that would have been very difficult on my old brewing setup. These beers will all ferment at 55 degrees for the next few months, and lager in their keg until the party in June.

Lagers.jpg
1704224213816.png

You aren't leaving those fermenters out in the light are you?

You aren't leaving those fermenters out in the light are you?
No, that was just for the photo. My bro in law's shed serves as our lager house, they are set in the back of it and see very little light. Durring the cold Iowa winter he heats the shop to 55 degrees anyway, so it's an ideal time and place for us to ferment lagers.

Awesome stuff remember us when it's party time and flick a picture ;)
You bet!!! These are last year's lagers. An american premium lager, a Festbier and a Maibock. Hopefully they turn out as nice as those did. Considering I did those on a old cobbled together propane and aluminum pop setup, I have to imagine the new ones will be dialed in.
1705436323272.png

Last edited:

Back