Lacing

20210613_150303.jpg

Passionfruit Saison.

Last edited:
So I'm trying to think of ways to improve my lacing/head retention now that I'm doing extract with steeping grains. I think a lot of people add adjuncts, like flaked or malted wheat, but I think that needs to be mini-mashed with a base malt yea? So I wonder if I add 15-20% wheat extract if that would help bolster up my brew's body, so to speak. I don't think 5% Carapils per batch is quite getting the job done

Bunyip lacing
20210811_180223.jpg

Not my best effort looks like a two gulp scooner ha ha not quite:D.

Bit of wheat in this one @Sunfire96 but nothing to brag about here when it comes to head retention I'm happy with what I get on my beer. Protine positive adjuncts and malts should get you there . Oh and I stir in my break material not saying that that matters lol.

I think it's a process thing but let's hear what @Craigerrr has to say with that stubborn foam lacing up there :)

Lots of flaked in this brew, and some carafoam in the grist. As far as process, I have to admit, I don't know if my process makes a difference. I stir in the break material, also not sure if that makes a difference. Not sure if the mash schedule, or the water additions make a difference. Here is the grist, mash schedule, and water additions to RO water. The whirlfloc, and the yeast nutrients were forgotten on this batch...
Screenshot_20210815-185942_Brewfather.jpg
Screenshot_20210815-190644_Brewfather.jpg

Back