Kentucky Storms

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Josh, we've been watching the coverage of the storms in Kentucky... Everyone I know in the western part of the state are ok, wanted to check on you...

@Nosybear, @Josh Hughes, Do you know anyone in Harford, KY? My sister-in-law's brother lives there and she has not been able to get hold of him yet. Hopefully that's just due to a downed cell phone tower or a dead cell phone battery.

Hartford is just north of Beaver Dam.
upload_2021-12-11_11-37-0.png

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ado-ground-200-miles-see-its-path/6475336001/

@Nosybear, @Josh Hughes, Do you know anyone in Harford, KY? My sister-in-law's brother lives there and she has not been able to get hold of him yet. Hopefully that's just due to a downed cell phone tower or a dead cell phone battery.

Hartford is just north of Beaver Dam.
View attachment 18544
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ado-ground-200-miles-see-its-path/6475336001/
My sister is in Graham, maybe 20 miles west of Hartford. Hartford is directly in the track, i'm guessing the infrastructure is wiped out. All my people are fine but she got called in to see hospital in Madisonville to help treat the injuries. I haven't heard anything from Hartford.

My sister is in Graham, maybe 20 miles west of Hartford. Hartford is directly in the track, i'm guessing the infrastructure is wiped out. All my people are fine but she got called in to see hospital in Madisonville to help treat the injuries. I haven't heard anything from Hartford.
Talked to my sister... Hartford is OK, Centertown got hit. Likely power is out, including cell towers.

Great news!! A couple hours ago my sister-in-law spoke to her brother Ted and learned that he and his family were ok! No damage other than losing a few bee hives. We actually have some of his honey and the label on the honey was the only reason we knew where in Kentucky he was located. Even before I knew about Ted, I was checking where the tornado hit as was relieved it wasn't near you Josh! I feel terrible for those who lost their lives or were simply in the middle of that destruction.

Glad to hear that you and your loved ones are OK. I have only a few friends in western KY, but all of them are okay with the exception of knowing folks who died in the storm. Apparently the tornado activity stayed on the ground (little bouncing and skipping) for 200 miles. Vicious.

Damn. Some places got hit hard. Mayfield, Ky is one of them.

Many years ago, I was leading a caravan of several co-workers and I decided to stay overnight in Mayfield, bypassing Memphis. Little did I know it was in a dry county. We ended up driving to the next county for a case of beer, but I still hear it about my choice that day.

Wow, complete devastation! The pictures we're getting are terrible.

Yup I saw the news last night my God that's some powerful stuff glad we don't get them often in Aus they're scary!

Many years ago, I was leading a caravan of several co-workers and I decided to stay overnight in Mayfield, bypassing Memphis. Little did I know it was in a dry county. We ended up driving to the next county for a case of beer, but I still hear it about my choice that day.

I bet you were never asked to lead a caravan after that! Sounds like a win to me!

My county is dry but the county seat can sell it…I don’t live in the city but I make my own so :)

Watched all this on the news tonight....so horrible!

One of the places they featured on NBC tonight is near where I grew up.... Tremendous damage.

Back