Keep steeping grains when switching from Extract to Partial Mash/All grain

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to keep the grains and amounts from the steeping grains section of a recipe when the method is changed from Extract to Partial Mash or All grain?

Here's the recipe in extract mode:
upload_2021-11-28_17-53-43.png

And the recipe after selecting All Grain, with all the steeping grains lost and only items in the Fermentables section remain:
upload_2021-11-28_17-54-32.png

Hmmm not that I'm aware of @Sunfire96, but also why would you need to? If it's partial mash or all grain there's generally no reason to steep.

I suppose we could convert all the steeping grain additions into late kettle additions as they should be functionally the same.

Hmmm not that I'm aware of @Sunfire96, but also why would you need to? If it's partial mash or all grain there's generally no reason to steep.

I suppose we could convert all the steeping grain additions into late kettle additions as they should be functionally the same.
What I mean is: I'll have an extract recipe and decide to convert it to all grain/partial mash. When I change the brew method, all of the steeping grains and amounts are deleted instead of moved into the fermentables section. I would like to keep them so I don't have to write down what they are before the calculator loses them.

Ah thanks for the clarification, that makes more sense.

Would you want them to stay as steeping (really, converted to late:kettle additions) or changed to a normal mash ingredient?

Back