Just and Extract Brewer Having Fun

Daniel Parshley

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Retired and needed something to do, like Brew! A beginners plastic bucket brew kit and a year later, I've managed to brew 24 batches. Friends a family love the brew and we have a great time making flights of the four most recent brews and sitting around with good food. Cheers to you all!

Welcome to the best homebrewing forum on the web. Good food, good beer and good friends. What more could you ask for? There's nothing wrong with extract brewing. As long as you can source fresh products you can make some damn good beer.

Brewing 24 time in one year? Sounds like an awesome retirement! :)
Big extended family that is more than willing to help with the "tasting" and evaluation process. We all are surprised how quickly great beer was being brewed.

Welcome to the best homebrewing forum on the web. Good food, good beer and good friends. What more could you ask for? There's nothing wrong with extract brewing. As long as you can source fresh products you can make some damn good beer.
Thank you for the encouraging words. We are amazed at how quickly great beer was being brewed with flavoring grains, extract malt, and some good hops. All with a few buckets and a burner on the back porch (wife ran me out of the kitchen). Yes, this Brew web site is just heaven for all the tools you need to brew great beer.

Welcome to the Benevolent Order of Brewing. I’d say you have embraced retirement more than many of us here would have dreamed. Way to raise the bar! Cheers!

Welcome to Brewers Friend, and to the hobby!

Retired and needed something to do, like Brew! A beginners plastic bucket brew kit and a year later, I've managed to brew 24 batches. Friends a family love the brew and we have a great time making flights of the four most recent brews and sitting around with good food. Cheers to you all!
Two of the finer things in Life or three Good Company Great Beer and Food.
Cheers!

Back