Jalapeno Wheat

Discussion in 'Brewing Photos & Videos' started by Ole Shallywags, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Ole Shallywags

Ole Shallywags New Member

So I had a ton of Jalapeno's that I grew this season and thought I would try it in a beer. Only brewed 1 gallon because I was not sure if it would be any good. Beer came out good however I used 1/2 jalapeno in each bottle during conditioning. I need to reduce that amount if I brew again as the aroma was a bit strong and some bottles have quite the kick! Overall the beer came out pretty good, even the wife enjoyed it and she doesn't like many of my beers! IMG_0618.jpg

Trialben likes this.
  2. Trialben

Trialben Well-Known Member

Pest control tech
    Havin a win mate great stuff yep a fiery brew bro:)

3. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

LHBS owner
    half a jalapeño sounds like a lot per bottle, but it sounds like you found that out.

I'm about to do a habanero ipa. Bought some locally grown peppers, and cut up one already. It gave off so much heat it stung my fingers while chopping. So I'm thinking of going like, 1 of the larger peppers in my 2 gallon batch.

4. Ole Shallywags

Ole Shallywags New Member

Yeah, 1/2 a pepper was a bit much. I guess it really depends on the pepper as well because out of the 8 bottles that I had only 5 of them were really hot, the other 3 was more aroma and taste. I also let the last 5 sit in the fridge for an additional 2 weeks.

5. thunderwagn

thunderwagn Well-Known Member

I appreciate brews that are finely crafted and balanced so you have to be on your toes to pick out the characteristics that additions may lend to the beer. That said, I also love an in your face punch from time to time from a good chili beer!

Ole Shallywags likes this.