Jalapeno Creme Ale

Joshua Peterson

Trial Member
Reaction score
Extract kit, have a pound and a half of Jalapeno's, and a half a pound of Anaheim.
5 gallons of wort.
14731210_1847597795468900_4626819359350407489_n_zpsknzamkat.jpg

Extract kit, have a pound and a half of Jalapeno's, and a half a pound of Anaheim.
5 gallons of wort.
Ha ha trust a Mexican to brew this :D brilliant Joshua let me know how it all goes.

Iwas gunna keg my cream ale last night but discovered I've got a gas Leak in that keg so I'm sitting waiting wishing.

Alright buddy i will let you know! The wort tasted spicy and hot but it was totally drinkable!

Dang it!

Nope i didn't, i just cut the stem off them, and then split them all up the middle so the wort had access to the seeds and stuff. Let them boil for the full 60 minutes then scooped them out.
I didn't strain it either when i put it in the bucket. Followed in my local friends footsteps on the amount of jalapenos, i should end up pretty close to what his ended up being i would think.

See you are from Colorado, we are probably both going to try to do a five chili beer (Billy's Chilies by Twisted Pine) sometime here soon!

I've done one with chipotles that came out very nice. Key there is to simulate part of the flavor with poblanos and smoked malt.

I really want to do a chipotle also, i will write your information down in my brew book!

Racked my Jalapeno Ale, it's still spicy good.

5 gallons of wort.

I do a Jalapeno Brown Ale, use 1 lb. of peppers, cut in half, stems, seeds and membrane removed. Add to whirlpool for 30 min., scoop out. Beer fools you, you get a huge nose of jalapeno and flavor but no heat, pretty tasty. I used beechwood smoked malt in first attempt, not enough smoke, switched to mesquite smoked, that helped the beer.

14731210_1847597795468900_4626819359350407489_n_zpsknzamkat.jpg

Opened up one last night, it is extremely good and still pretty darn hot!
I'm for sure going to use at least a pound and a half of jalapenos at boil every time!

I'm going to make that, or an off shoot of it every month.

Back