Its Brew Day

So, 75min mash and I am coming in 5 pt low, looking for 1037 getting 1032....so going to let it mash a little longer, might have to boil a bit more today

...and I just realized, I forgot the roasted barley.....so this will be a beer, just not sure what

Permission error on the recipe :)
try now

I think I may have miss weighed my grains.....not sure, could also be the crush, new brew store from where I normally go
I will run the next batch through my mill

Going to boil it as hard as I can for the next 90 min

So, 75min mash and I am coming in 5 pt low, looking for 1037 getting 1032....so going to let it mash a little longer, might have to boil a bit more today

...and I just realized, I forgot the roasted barley.....so this will be a beer, just not sure what

A tenth of an ounce? ..I think we can extend a Muligan to ya...but don't forget the Fuggles! The Irish beer gods will smight thee!

SO, if I run this at 7.5 pounds of Marris Otter, which is about what It would be if I forgot to Tare out the scale, because I put all the grain in 1 bucket, then my number come out about right

SO, if I run this at 7.5 pounds of Marris Otter, which is about what It would be if I forgot to Tare out the scale, because I put all the grain in 1 bucket, then my number come out about right
You coulda maybe done a cold steep on the roast barley but yeah I would been the same as you F it :p

You coulda maybe done a cold steep on the roast barley but yeah I would been the same as you F it :p
when I say I forgot it, I forgot to BUY it.....lol....threw in a couple tablespoons of coffee last 10 min of the mash to add a touch of color, its fermenting so I guess it beer

Back