Issue with Error Message

Nosybear

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm having a problem with the recipe builder, specifically, with a recipe. First, I'm getting this almost helpful error message:

upload_2019-8-17_8-29-2.png

But when I look at the other ingredients:

upload_2019-8-17_8-29-47.png

So I can't save the recipe. Here's the link: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/694952/-grimm-reaper-kottbusser. I can't find a missing ingredient. Any suggestions?

Okay, I got the recipe to save. I closed it, then all changes I had made aside from the original phosphoric acid deletions were captured. Then I deleted the two acids and the recipe saved. Still, strange behavior.

Okay, I got the recipe to save. I closed it, then all changes I had made aside from the original phosphoric acid deletions were captured. Then I deleted the two acids and the recipe saved. Still, strange behavior.

Very strange. I can't recreate it. What browser were you using? And what device?

Chrome on Windows 10, a Surface tablet, I believe version 4. I was editing an existing recipe. I had deleted two ingredients. When I exited the recipe and reopened it, I could delete the ingredients and save the recipe.

Thanks- I've put in a ticket. This one is odd, because it happened but seems that I cannot recreate. Yet it is happening randomly. I'll keep you posted.

From another thread it looks like it's happening to others. Strange thing with mine is after I exited and came back in, I could delete the two phosphoric acid additions from "Other Ingredients" and the error went away. I'm thinking the water calculator zeroed them out when I went from phosphoric to lactic acid, they became invisible to me but were somehow still stuck in the recipe.

One issue is the error messages themselves: They're almost helpful. They end up telling you there's an error and in which section but not what the error is.

Back