Issue with Error Message

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by Nosybear, Aug 17, 2019.

  1. Nosybear

    Nosybear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    9,400
    Likes Received:
    6,641
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Aurora, CO, USA
  2. Nosybear

    Nosybear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    9,400
    Likes Received:
    6,641
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Aurora, CO, USA
    Okay, I got the recipe to save. I closed it, then all changes I had made aside from the original phosphoric acid deletions were captured. Then I deleted the two acids and the recipe saved. Still, strange behavior.
     
  3. Yooper

    Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    2,489
    Likes Received:
    1,576
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Happily retired
    Location:
    Upper Michigan/Florida
    Very strange. I can't recreate it. What browser were you using? And what device?
     
  4. Nosybear

    Nosybear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    9,400
    Likes Received:
    6,641
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Aurora, CO, USA
    Chrome on Windows 10, a Surface tablet, I believe version 4. I was editing an existing recipe. I had deleted two ingredients. When I exited the recipe and reopened it, I could delete the ingredients and save the recipe.
     
  5. Yooper

    Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2013
    Messages:
    2,489
    Likes Received:
    1,576
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Happily retired
    Location:
    Upper Michigan/Florida
    Thanks- I've put in a ticket. This one is odd, because it happened but seems that I cannot recreate. Yet it is happening randomly. I'll keep you posted.
     
  6. Nosybear

    Nosybear Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2012
    Messages:
    9,400
    Likes Received:
    6,641
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Aurora, CO, USA
    From another thread it looks like it's happening to others. Strange thing with mine is after I exited and came back in, I could delete the two phosphoric acid additions from "Other Ingredients" and the error went away. I'm thinking the water calculator zeroed them out when I went from phosphoric to lactic acid, they became invisible to me but were somehow still stuck in the recipe.

    One issue is the error messages themselves: They're almost helpful. They end up telling you there's an error and in which section but not what the error is.
     

Share This Page

arrow_white