Is there a way to search my recipes by style?

Discussion in 'Recipe Editor' started by AndrewS, Nov 22, 2020.

1. AndrewS

AndrewS New Member

I can't find an efficient way to search my old recipes. The search bar under My Recipes only appears to search the name field. What I really want is to be able to search by style. When I want to go brew style X, pull up all my old recipes of that style to pick one to redo or use as a jumping-off point. I want something like the Serach > Beer Recipes but just for my own recipes. I have something like 280 old recipes (including snapshots) and finding I don't remember the name of is a pain.

Am I missing something? Or should I put in a feature suggestion?

2. Yooper

Yooper Administrator
    Staff Member

Happily retired
    I do that myself- and sometimes I don’t name recipes. What I do is type what I’m looking for in the search box in the header while in the “my recipes” view. For example, here I”m looking for English style recipes:
    83167D96-EBED-48D8-B893-07310F5B9AD3.jpeg

And here I’m looking for one of my IPA recipes:
    7CBA3A5E-1F23-4362-8049-4194AB333791.jpeg

3. Head First

Head First Well-Known Member

I created folders way back when by beer styles. Can just open a different folder to pick a beer recipe per style. As I create new recipes they build up in default and once in a while I clean it out with click and drag to their proper style folder. Just a suggestion.

4. SabreSteve

SabreSteve Well-Known Member

This is what I've started doing. Mind you I only have like 10 recipes at present but figured it would make things easier. Basically right now I have about half my recipes in default for the time being but I have a separate folder for my SMaSH Blonde, it's snapshots and anything I've built of it. As I come back around to other styles I've already done I'll probably add more folders

5. AndrewS

AndrewS New Member

Thanks! I swear I tried that. But apparently not. :)