Inventory prices not appearing in recipe editor

toffle

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
The title says it all.
I'm now involved in small-scale commercial brewing, and need to see the unit prices of my ingredients. I've created an inventory, but the costs do not appear in my recipes. I assume there's something I am not doing right, but I can't see it yet.

Thanks
Tom

Hey @toffle apologies for the delay, but as long as you're adding your ingredients into the recipe from the Inventory section of the dropdown then you should be good to go!

Complete prices are added to the recipe total cost, and the unit prices are shown in this mouseover tooltip, as well as the recipe view sections.

upload_2023-3-12_12-23-57.png

upload_2023-3-12_12-24-19.png

Hey @toffle apologies for the delay, but as long as you're adding your ingredients into the recipe from the Inventory section of the dropdown then you should be good to go!

Complete prices are added to the recipe total cost, and the unit prices are shown in this mouseover tooltip, as well as the recipe view sections.

View attachment 24589

View attachment 24590
Thank you for your reply.
I seem to have gotten things going, but I still need to add the price to items when I add them to a recipe. I don't know what I've done wrong, but as it's not a feature I really rely on, I only do it for recipes I'm doing at work.

Thank you for your reply.
I seem to have gotten things going, but I still need to add the price to items when I add them to a recipe. I don't know what I've done wrong, but as it's not a feature I really rely on, I only do it for recipes I'm doing at work.
If you're using a different account for your work recipes, can you send it to me in a message so I can take a look? If your costs are in your inventory, and you're adding it from the inventory line in the recipe builder then it should be good to go.

I also have this issue:

9S5wD6d.png

wjZOg0a.png

T9l6DEi.png

On a separate note, a newly added inventory item is not showing up (25KG Weyermann Pale Ale):

oPY0Lap.png

I tried saving the recipe, refreshing the browser, etc.

I had to restart the browser to get it to show. The price is still not there though.

Edit: These issues don't occur when starting a new recipe

Last edited:
Last update:

Reloading the page works wonders. I wonder if saving the recipe shouldn't also trigger a reload? Or have a save & reload related data option/button?

This is the downside to webapps. You'd need the recipe builder to be constantly polling for updates to inventory, water calcs, etc. Or use something like signal R to push notifications to the recipe builder every time a relevant update is made elsewhere.

Last update:

Reloading the page works wonders. I wonder if saving the recipe shouldn't also trigger a reload? Or have a save & reload related data option/button?

This is the downside to webapps. You'd need the recipe builder to be constantly polling for updates to inventory, water calcs, etc. Or use something like signal R to push notifications to the recipe builder every time a relevant update is made elsewhere.
Yes this is a technical restriction to a webapp, any changes made in the inventory page won't reflect in an existing open recipe without reloading the page.

Back