Inventory Deductions - Use Substitution

BenMyton

Premium Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to add an option on Inventory Deductions to use a substitute ingedient?

I know that I could create a snapshot with the brew session, change the snapshot recipe to the substitution, and then refresh everything so that it deducts the correct ingredients. This is quite a bit of work just to generate a brewing record that I don't really need.

My thought is that if you click "deduct inventory" a list of the required ingredients are shown, along with the available inventory for each. At that point I could click the drop-down for the ingredient and pick from the items in my inventory to easily make the deduction to inventory levels.

This wouldn't update the recipes, wouldn't update the My Brewing usage summaries, but it would give a nice easy way to make an inventory deduction without manually scrolling through.

<Phase 2>
A second level of this might be to create a snapshot recipe automatically based on the inventory substitutions that you pick during deduction. This would automate the process and give a more accurate record in the system.

Back