Intertap faucet closing springs

BOB357

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have 2 Perlick 525SS faucets on a tower with an Intertap faucet a couple of inches above and between them. I have been worried that someone will accidentally bump one of the Perlicks open when pulling a beer. The taps are very close together. The Intertap is much harder to open, so not as worried about it. Also, my wife has a cat that's getting wackier with age and I'm afraid someday she'll play around and open one.

Not sure if it was here or elsewhere, but I read that these springs will only work with Intertap shanks and faucets. Last time I was at my LHBS I picked up a couple of the springs, hoping that they would work with standard shanks and the Perlicks. Yesterday I installed one and it works just fine. I haven't installed one in the Intertap shank/faucet yet so have nothing to compare to, but I can tell you that there's no way anyone is going to accidentally open the Perlick with this spring installed. I'm sure it will also solve the problems these Perlicks develop as the main O ring loses its resiliency.

Just thought I'd let all you Perlick users know about this.

here's the issue this shank is somewhat square inside, some have a round bottom inside, thats the only issue

L01a.JPG

Mine have a rounded bottom and seem to be much shallower than the one you show. Likely the reason why it takes a pretty good pull to open the tap. Outside of that there doesn't appear to be any problem. Will post a pic when I get time.

i bought some springs for my intertaps they didnt work properly so the sit aside in my miscellaneous brew box now.

i bought some springs for my intertaps they didnt work properly so the sit aside in my miscellaneous brew box now.

I haven't put a spring in the Intertap yet. The other Perlick is next as soon as the keg it's on kicks. Will be stopping by my LHBS in a couple of weeks and pick up one for the Intertap and a spare. If the effort to open the Intertap is multiplied anywhere near that of the Perlick it'd take the Hulk to open it :)

Mine are all Perlick 630SS so I'm not sure I have the same issue. My tap handles catch the lid when I open and close it currently so that's my prime issue.

one other trick but a PITA would be remove liquid line from keg untill imbibeing next:rolleyes:.

Mine are all Perlick 630SS so I'm not sure I have the same issue. My tap handles catch the lid when I open and close it currently so that's my prime issue.

The issue I've had with the 525s is that as the O rings lose their resiliency it's hard to get them to seal after cleaning even if well lubed. Replacing the main O ring solves the problem. I guess that's the dripping problem I've read posts about.

Back