Incorrect Hop Use Specified Error Erases My Recipes

Tempestlight

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm getting incorrect hop usage errors a lot! Usually when i go back into a recipe to change the parameters or ingrediants.

This morning i've tried to edit a golden ale recipe which is also the subject of another post today, and after 20 minutes of my changes not being saved and then wiped when i leave the editor i give up. What is going on with the errors that cause me to often lose all of my recipe's changes? I'm not entering an invalid hop use, i've never done that but the editer says i have and then i cant save my recipe and i lose all my edits. It's actually getting tiring having to go through this on a regular basis.

Is this a known problem and is there a fix coming for it?

Regards Jeff.

It sounds like you aren't filling out a required box for the hops. When this happens, can you grab a screenshot so we can dig into this? I cannot recreate, and we aren't getting any reports of this happening, although it will happen if something isn't entered in to the fields (time, usually).

Hop-Use-Error-1.jpg

Hop-Use-Error-1.jpg
Hop-Use-Error-2.jpg

Im filling out the required boxes as i do every time. Sometimes it just doesn't work and i get this error, actually it happens to me a lot. The only way for me to fix this that ive been able to work out is to leave the recipe and then open it again which causes me to lose a bunch of data that ive inputted. Is there anything wrong with my hop inputs in those screenshots?

It sounds like you aren't filling out a required box for the hops. When this happens, can you grab a screenshot so we can dig into this? I cannot recreate, and we aren't getting any reports of this happening, although it will happen if something isn't entered in to the fields (time, usually).
@Yooper I belive it is time to resurrect this thread. I've been having this issue for the past week or so as I have been inputting a handful of new recipes. This morning I created a "Lunch IPA Clone" which has a total of 12 hops additions; 4 during boil, 4 at 0 min, and 4 dry hopped. After adding all of the hops I received the "Invalid hop use specified" error. The way I fixed it was to delete all the hops, save, exit Chrome, relaunch Chrome and BF, then I created and saved each hop addition on-at-a-time. Not ideal. This happened last week with another recipe and I fixed it the same way.

@Yooper I belive it is time to resurrect this thread. I've been having this issue for the past week or so as I have been inputting a handful of new recipes. This morning I created a "Lunch IPA Clone" which has a total of 12 hops additions; 4 during boil, 4 at 0 min, and 4 dry hopped. After adding all of the hops I received the "Invalid hop use specified" error. The way I fixed it was to delete all the hops, save, exit Chrome, relaunch Chrome and BF, then I created and saved each hop addition on-at-a-time. Not ideal. This happened last week with another recipe and I fixed it the same way.
I tried that in my account- and it worked fine. Are you using windows desktop, or something else?
I’ll put this in a support ticket, so any screenshots or other information you can provide would be very helpful.

Back