If I have purchased the iPhone version (iPod)...

TasunkaWitko

Premium Member
Reaction score
...do I need to purchase the android version, too, or is there are way to cross over to both?

Also, is an iPhone/Android purchase separate from the premium purchase here at this site?

Let me know, and thanks -

Ron

Off topic question , I guess. Are there a lot of cross platform apps? I always thought you always had to buy both if you wanted both.

It's very possible - I don't know much about apps and am not even 100% sure what apps actually are. I figured it was worth asking, though....

If I need to purchase both, that's fine - but if I don't have to, that's better....lol

Off topic question , I guess. Are there a lot of cross platform apps? I always thought you always had to buy both if you wanted both.
I think the confusion might be this: Some apps have a "lite" or try before you buy version. Once you purchase your log in will often work across all platforms that, the app supports, that you might use. Personally I stay away from apps, that don't have a trial or "lite" version. Back in the early days of home computing (mid to late 80's) I spent a lot of money, albeit a very few dollars at a time, to purchase what often turned out to be pure crap. So I am very leary of purchasing an app without being able to give it a serious go round. I am NOT passing judgement on the Brewers Friend app, it's just my personal opinion based on MY experience.
It certainly would be a nice perk for lifetime members to get the app(s) for free and to be able to use on both Android and iPhone.

The premium membership is across all platforms, and our site is mobile enabled. So you can use that on any smart phone, or tablet, by accessing the website via the mobile version of the site. The premium membership is $14.99 per year, or you can purchase a lifetime membership.

For specific apps, the cost of the app is $4.99 and does require the premium membership to sync. http://www.brewersfriend.com/pricing/ explains it much better than I could in just a few sentences. I use the mobile version on my phone and tablet, so I don't use the app.

I hope that makes sense, but if you have any questions please feel free to ask away!

Back