I went to a beer fest today!

Sunfire96

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Went to a local oktoberfest today and wanted to start a thread different from "I visited a brewery." Let's live vicariously through each other's beer fest outings!

This weekend a catholic church in my city hosted its 16th annual Oktoberfest, with 50 draft beers, German food, and oom-pah bands all day long. The kids' meals came with alpine hats! Very stereotypical and probably not authentic, but of the 50ish draft beers, about 12 were marzens/festbiers and a half dozen light lagers. I had a bratwurst and giant pretzel for lunch, it was a great time!

20210918_130811.jpg

sounds ossum! there is a octoberfest near me every year. I may have to go this year

My wife just convinced me to put off cleaning house until after we venture to Old Towne Orange to see what might be happening for Oktoberfest. For sure we’ll at least drink a few beers. Prost!

Perhaps more authentic than you think. You need to visit Munich or Bad Canstatt (Stuttgart) to compare.

Yeah, those church folks know how to throw a party...

Echt Leferhosen! Spitze!

A first for me. Strange...

Went to a local oktoberfest today and wanted to start a thread different from "I visited a brewery." Let's live vicariously through each other's beer fest outings!

This weekend a catholic church in my city hosted its 16th annual Oktoberfest, with 50 draft beers, German food, and oom-pah bands all day long. The kids' meals came with alpine hats! Very stereotypical and probably not authentic, but of the 50ish draft beers, about 12 were marzens/festbiers and a half dozen light lagers. I had a bratwurst and giant pretzel for lunch, it was a great time!

View attachment 17444

One way to get people in church!

You might surprise yourself if you visit Germany, it comes back faster than you think. Over my career, I've spent over a year and a half in Germany, one or two weeks at a time...

I spent a week there and loved it. Ich mochte ein dunkel bier, bitte. I missed Oktoberfest but I did get to experience a Gluhwein festival :)

Back