Huge ad space

jmcnamara

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I get there needs to be some revenue coming in, but there's now a huge ad space at the top of my screen on mobile (at least in the forums). Pretty annoying to scroll through
What's worse, some of the ads aren't brewing related
Anything we can do to make the ads more subtle?

What browser are you using on your phone? Or are you using the app? I don't see a thing!

@jmcnamara Thanks for reporting this - and apologies for the weirdness with ads today. We're in the process of making some adjustments to how ads are served, which caused some hiccups in the appearance this morning. in theory that big space should be fixed now - is it looking better on your end?

Re: the relevance of the ads, this is also due to these adjustments we're making. it unfortunately is going to cause the ads to be a little less beer-relevant in the short term, but we're hoping the relevance will begin to tick back up soon.

That's correct - ads should not be showing for members. Is that still happening? I know we had some instances this morning where they were incorrectly showing, but should be resolved now.

They are showing for me on mobile. Not on my workstation. Edge in both cases.

Galaxy S7 Edge

Last edited:
I'm on chrome on a Samsung galaxy 6.
It's still there but this ones a little smaller

Will try reloading

Saw the same thing J Mac last night i thought something was playing up on thenBF website as i had the large space below the BF orange heading but no add no this morning there arensome adds there just like browsing brulosophy...
Screenshot_20180929-070421_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mine went away too after clearing my cache. Probably picked it up this morning on my phone but it was fixed by the time I used my workstation.

Seeing it now as well on mobile. Hasn't been there all day till now. Chrome browser.

Still there. Cleared cache 3 different times and the ads there each time. Even tried logging out

just clear everything, cookies and all, I did it on the PC and phone and it worked

Back