How many taps do you need?

Dornbox

Premium Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded from a 3 tap tower to a 4 tap tower and I’m absolutely giddy! Lol. I started with 3 beers on tap which was perfect but then carbonated water permanently claimed one of my taps. I just couldn’t recover from the loss of a tap but now I’m whole again. Having seltzer water on tap is awesome.

How many taps do you have and is it enough?

How many taps do you have and is it enough?

The freezer I converted for kegs has 5 taps. This time of year it is not enough. I give family and friends a case of home brew every Christmas, normally six beers, so four bottles each. This year I will have eight beers ready, so three of each beer per case. With eight beers ready to drink, there is not enough room for the kegs to fit, let alone enough taps. I keep backup kegs in my cooler.

@TetersMillBrewing your brewing prowess sounds awesome! Lol I plan on building a little 4 keg keezer this winter for my basement so I can lager / condition in it without using my kegerator. I might have to add a couple taps to the keezer as well after reading your post! Lol.

I think the magic number is 5. You can cover a variety of styles with 5.
Tap 1 Hefe
Tap 2 Pale
Tap 3 IPA
Tap 4 Doppel Bock
Tap 5 Porter or Stout
If you blend from different taps you can create a lot of different flavor profiles.

We built a 16 tap system on a 24"D x 48"W x 70"H SS rolling shelf unit. We can have four different CO2 levels on four 4-valve manifolds with individual lines plumbed to each AEB keg. Four taps also have separate plumbing for pure N2 for kegged wine and mead. The entire rig fits in a nook in the foundation we converted into a passively cooled wine cellar. We drink everything at cellar temperature to bring out the full aroma and flavor of all of our brews.

This was a labor of love and is the highlight of our gatherings. Everytime all 16 taps are connected we have a Sweet 16 Party for family and friends.
IMG_0471.JPG

We built a 16 tap system on a 24"D x 48"W x 70"H SS rolling shelf unit. We can have four different CO2 levels on four 4-valve manifolds with individual lines plumbed to each AEB keg. Four taps also have separate plumbing for pure N2 for kegged wine and mead. The entire rig fits in a nook in the foundation we converted into a passively cooled wine cellar. We drink everything at cellar temperature to bring out the full aroma and flavor of all of our brews.

This was a labor of love and is the highlight of our gatherings. Everytime all 16 taps are connected we have a Sweet 16 Party for family and friends.
View attachment 23284

That's insane!!

View attachment 23284

the only problem I see with that is it isn't mine lol, it would also be hard to find a leak, I just discovered mine leaks somewhere, time for soap

Do you send out invitations? Would be more than happy to bring kegs. Amazing setup

View attachment 23284
I bet @Donoroto is glad he's not making tap handles for this keg serving draught system :p!

Back