How does the Browser work? - Not as I expected.

AHarper

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to see who else was using the Yeast I have used in my latest brew so... off to the Browse section and search the Yeasts.
upload_2020-8-5_18-13-40.png

Select the Crossmyloof - Kolsh and the following list is returned:

upload_2020-8-5_18-15-8.png

OK. My recipe is an American Pale Ale and there is only one listed - it must be mine! Well you would think so woulddn't you?

Now here is where my expectation does not meet the results... I would expect that clicking on the name would - if there is only 1 recipe using this yeast this way - take you to the recipe in question. Well you would want to see what others are doing wouldn't you? Well I do. But that is NOT what happens.
All it does is takes you to a general list of ALL recipes using that option - in this case American Pale Ale. Since my recipe is not in the top 10 - how could it be? - I get a list of someone else's recipes.
upload_2020-8-5_18-24-5.png

Obviously this is not in the least bit what I want to see or, rather, expecting to see. I wanted to see what others were doing with the Yeast I was searching not the Style of beer.... I would have gone another route otherwise.

Anyway what are others views? How do you use the search option? Does it do what you expect?

You may ask why I was using a Lager Yeast for making an American Pale Ale?
I wanted to try it and see what happens? Simple as that.

I agree. The Search feature is something that could use a remodeling at some point. I don't use it much, but that could simply be a function of its wonkiness. :)

I have an outline for another project to update these, include some really cool data, charts etc, and update these pages and tables too. Not sure when we'll get to it, maybe later in a couple months, but it will have some really interesting data analysis and information I hope you find useful.

I'll update the ticket to include this thread though, so if you have any other questions/recommendations/suggestions feel free to keep them coming!

Personally I would like to keep the style table as a link to the style, and change the # in the recipes column to be a link to a table of the recipes that meet the criteria.

upload_2020-8-5_16-58-54.png

Personally I would like to keep the style table as a link to the style, and change the # in the recipes column to be a link to a table of the recipes that meet the criteria.

View attachment 11226

Yes that's more like what I was expecting. The resulting list - assuming more than 1 recipe listed - could have Recipe name / Brewers Name/ Batch Size just to form some sort of selection options. Just an idea.
Single records go straight to recipe.

Back