How Do You Change Recipe During Brew Day?

Jimmy Grits

Trial Member
Reaction score
During brew day if I stray from the recipe, is there a way to update the recipe just for that brew day? I see the Snapshot thing, but that looks like it just creates a copy of the recipe, it's not somewhere I can update within the Brew Day page. Thank you

During brew day if I stray from the recipe, is there a way to update the recipe just for that brew day? I see the Snapshot thing, but that looks like it just creates a copy of the recipe, it's not somewhere I can update within the Brew Day page. Thank you
When you create a brew session you create a snapshot recipe and edit that. I keep my regular recipe and the snapshot is what I actually brewed.

I’d say I’m not the only one that adjusts it during the brewday.

Last edited:
Welcome! I usually brew and take notes on the brew sheet. If I need to update the recipe to reflect bigger changes (uh, errors) I create ca copy, rename it slightly, and use that copy for updates.

Welcome!
I also change things (sometimes) during brew day.
Got a big white board to keep my notes on. Obviously I could just use pen and paper but I tend to loose those. At least the white board doesnt run away ;)
The 2nd white board has my beer stock with pitching & bottling (kegging) dates.
I got to add that my internet connection is real poor, so old fashioned ways work better for me

I'm assuming you have a brew session going and did not choose the Snapshot option. You can still make a copy by editing the recipe and select "Copy" under the Recipe Tools menu. Give it a new temporary name, like "My Recipe Original". Then rename the current recipe you are brewing to something meaningful, like "My Recipe Aug 13 2023". Your brew session will still be tied to this recipe. Then rename the copied recipe back to it's original name.

Back